This is not so much a recipe but more of a serving suggestion. In our house a good movie isn’t complete without a snack. Our usual at home Friday night cinema snack normally consists of guacamole, hummus and lots of crunchy veggies or a huge bowl of cherries & a glass of red wine. However since I became pregnant the red wine has been shelved and only popcorn will do.
1/3 of a cup of popcorn kernels
2-3 squares of good quality 90% dark choc
A good pinch of sea salt flakes
- Place your popcorn kernels in a heavy bottom pan and turn on to a medium heat (don’t forget to put the lid on)
- I don’t like to use oil in my popcorn which means I need to keep a close eye on the pan to make sure the kernels don’t burn or stick. To do this I take the pan off the heat every few minutes and shake the kernels around
- Once the popping sound stops it’s your cue to take your pan off the heat
- On a flat surface place a large sheet of greaseproof paper and tip out your popcorn to cool
- Over a gentle heat and in a bain- marie melt your chocolate
- Once melted use a spoon to drizzle your cooled corn with your chocolate – al la Jackson Pollock
- Sprinkle with salt while your choc is still wet and then leave to cool
- Enjoy with your movie of choice.