When a lovely friend gifted me some organic purple corn flour I was both intrigued and excited by this new (at least to me) food. Stumped as to what to do with it, I decided there was no better way to put it to the test than in a pancake. The result? A deliciously light and sweet pancake that feels like a treat thanks to the addition of honey and cacao. To finish my pancake I warmed up some almond butter and berries and enjoyed with a large mug of green tea – Yum!
Happytummyfact- Packed full of phytonutrients and antioxidants purple corn flour also contains anthocyanin which give plants, fruit and vegetables (such as aubergines, tomatoes, cherries and berries) their blue, purple or red hue!
1 tbsp water
1 tsp Maca
1 tsp purple corn flour
1 tsp cacao
A few drops of vanilla
½ tsp manuka honey
½ tsp coconut oil
½ cup frozen berries
1 tbsp almond Butter
- Place all your ingredients (apart from the frozen berries & almond butter) in to a blender and blend until fully combined.
- Meanwhile place your berries in to a pan with a few tbsp of water and heat through until softened.
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Pour your mix in to your hot pan and tilt the pan so that the mix evenly covers the bottom.
- Wait until little bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancake. Now is the time to flip.
- Cook the other side for a few minutes until cooked through.
- Spread your almond butter over one half of the pancake and allow the heat to melt it a little.
- Fold the pancake in half and serve up with your warmed berries.