Easter = chocolate treats! In a prior tummy life I loved chocolate crispy cakes topped with mini eggs. You know the ones I mean 😉 With my tummy in mind I have created a healthier version of these. While they still contain sugar they are free from the refined white stuff, gluten free and full of antioxidants from raw cacao and goji berries.
Happy tummyfact – Raw Cacao is a rich source of antioxidants and flavonoids which are linked to cardiovascular health and antiaging. However do not confuse cocoa power with cacao as they two are very different. Raw Cacao is cold press unroasted cacao beans meaning they retain all their goodness. Cocoa has been roasted at high temperatures and in the process depleting the nutritional value of these delicious beans!
2 cups of puffed rice
½ cup of Creative Nature Goji Berries
2 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp tahini
4 tsbp maple syrup
4 tbsp raw cacao
Zest of half an orange
- Place a pan on to a low heat and melt your coconut oil. Remove from the heat.
- Add your tahini, cacao, maple syrup & orange zest to your melted coconut oil and mix until smooth and well combined.
- In a bowl combine your puffed rice, cacao mix and goji berries and mix well.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper and pour in your mix.
- Place a second piece of greaseproof paper over the top and with palm press down the mix so it is tighty packed in to the tray.
- Place in the fridge and allow cooling and set. Once set slice into squares and enjoy!